The great challenges faced by professionals in the field of multimedia communication are efficacy, creativity and quality, as their daily work consists in designing and producing products suitable for all formats.
This official Master’s degree is aimed at those who have recently graduated and require specialized multimedia teaching. It is also intended for those who, having worked in the mass media, want to recycle their skills and for professionals who require continuous training.
The University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU) and Basque Radio and Television (EITB) have joined together on this project with the aim of providing continuous training. In addition to experts from the university and EITB, multimedia professionals from other media are also taking part in teaching the Master’s degree.
The Master’s degree has three aims:
– To develop communication ability, bearing in mind the appropriate resources of the different layers of communication of the multimedia universe. To provide instruction in the design and production of multimedia products, above all those in which new formats and the models of emergent journalism are prominent.
– To analyze the use and consumption of interactive media in the mass media market, with the aim of guaranteeing the attractiveness and efficacy of the products.
– By uniting the theoretical and practical aspects of the multimedia model, we have brought together lecturers and researchers from the university and qualified professionals who work in the media on a daily basis.
1. To become aware of the impact of the new technologies on mass culture with special attention to basic rights and gender equality, as well as to the values that characterize a culture of peace and democratic values.
2. To define, design and develop multimedia production projects for different forms of communication: general news, citizen journalism, institutional communication, dissemination, specialized information (scientific, cultural, etc.).
3. To select and formulate informative content and adapt it to the conditioning factors and social and technical requirements of multimedia communication, especially on the Internet channel.
4. To effectively select and apply the rhetorical and linguistic resources of the language, adapting them to the different formats, genres and modes of communication of multimedia journalism.
5. To apply the techniques of multitrack production, Web 2.0 and digital editing for the creation of multimedia products with different technical characteristics.
6. To cross-check, analyze and evaluate the content of multimedia production with audience data, with the aim of creating successful products concomitant with consumer tendencies.